Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 What will I be doing?

I'm not sure about everything that I will be doing in 2013. There are a few things that are waiting to be sorted out still, a few that are waiting for confirmation to happen, and a few that are maybe wishful thinking and yet might just happen only time will tell. However, I do know a few things that I will be doing for certain.

I received a new camera for Christmas. It's my first ever fancy, high tech camera. I consider it fancy and high tech because it not only needs lenses in order to work and it has more variety of options to use when taking photos. It has the ability to do video as well. I'm honestly in way over my head with this camera. So I am looking forward to learning how to use it properly this year.

I want more art in my life this year. I want to find the joy I once had when it came to creating. So I signed up for the UnEarth your Creative Nature * e-course by Jani Franck. I believe that this will be the first of many creative or art workshops this year. At least I hope so.

I'm joining forces with one of my friends from my first round of college days for a challenge of finding joy. How are we going to find joy in our busy lives? We plan to do it by participating in the Joy Dare.** I've already printed out the joy dare prompts for the year. I've managed to get day 1 and 2 done for January. Only 994 more to go... 

One thing that I am hoping to do this year is learn how to knit. I know... I know me and sharp pointy objects are not exactly a good combination. lol Why the sudden desire to learn to knit? I'm not exactly sure other than I did receive a nice pair of wooden knitting needles a year ago and they've been calling my name ever since. I'm not exactly sure when or where this will take place yet. I'm still trying to find a class locally and figure out a budget for it. yes, I know there are videos that I can watch to get me started. I've tried that and it didn't work out very well. I have a real problem with watching someone do something on video and being able to follow along especially when it involves crossing the mid-line or using both hands like knitting does. So I really need live instruction to get me started. Something my former teachers, mentors, and instructors, can vouch for. lol

I'm sure there will be other things that will fill up my calendar before the year is out but for right now this is all there is.

*If your interested in learning more about the UnEarth your Creative Nature you can click on the title above or click here.
**If your interested in learning more about the Joy Dare you can click on the above title or click here



No comments:

Post a Comment