Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Tackling Fears or Avoidance Issues

2013 will be a year of working on my fear/avoidance list. I put in a request for a sign as to what I should do in the year 2013. Since making my request, I have received a variety of signs in the form of emails, topics on discussion in my numerous groups and gathering places, seen ads and offers for, overheard random phrases while out shopping, riding the bus, waiting in various waiting rooms, etc. a few things on my fear/avoidance list. Because a few of the same things kept coming up repeatedly I took it as a big flashing neon sign from the universe to get my attention that this is what I am to work on in 2013. I don't know if I will tackle the whole list or not this year. As I have a pretty big list that's been accumulated over 40 years to work through.

What items will I be focusing on for the month of January? I've chosen Granny Squares, Filet Crochet, "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien, and art. I figured I'd start small and go with the hottest topics that coincided with my list. I'm not sure in what order I will do them in as some of it will depend on if I can get the required items together to do it.

Granny Squares
My plan is to find a pattern for something that involves Granny Square. I plan to first learn how to create one and then make something from it. Just thinking of doing this project is making my skin crawl and the dreaded sound track tapes of my mother and step-father start playing. If I can do this... maybe I can get their sound track erased.

Filet Crochet
I'm pretty much going to do with this what I plan to do with the Granny Squares. Find a pattern and create something.

"The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien
My plan here is to get a copy of the book and read it cover to cover. I'm not sure which form I will find it in. Thanks to the movie coming out in December 2012 all available copies are checked out. I've put a request for a hold on it at our local library. I may take a look and see if I can get a kindle version or I may just break down and buy a copy at the book store. I know I have a copy of it or I should still have a copy of it somewhere. I think it's in storage with the rest of the stuff from my adopted grandmother. I may have to go check out the shed and see if its still there or not.

Art
My plan here is to take some workshops online. Maybe even with my children. I've looked into several different ones and they all seem to be good and very interesting. It's making it hard to choose where to begin. I signed up for a three week ecourse by Jani Franck titled "UnEarth your Creative Nature". I chose it because it's “suitable for aspiring or lapsed... and anyone who wants to bring more creativity into their daily life.”

Now that I have shared this, I must do it. I hope to have an update soon on at least one of these that I have accomplished for the month of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment