Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2013 Tackling Fears or Avoidance Issues Update 1

I've not made as much progress as I would like but I have managed to make a bit.

The Granny Square:
I have a pattern that looks like I can follow it. I have a nice solid color yarn to work the pattern in. In fact it's in the color that I was given a long time ago to at my first attempt to learn how to make one. I just love the sense of humor on that one.

The Filet Crochet:
I have found many patterns for it. I just have to narrow it down. Do I do a dragon or do I do a sign or what exactly to choose animal, plant, dragonfly... lots of possibilities have presented themselves. I do know what I will not be doing. I will not be doing any of the patterns that I remember my Great Aunt S working on. Nothing against the patterns or my Great Aunt S. It's just that those are big projects and above my skill level at this time. Doing table cloths for a seating of 12 or bedspreads or alter cloths are just bit out of my comfort level at this time. And that's helped to narrow down my options for what to do.

"The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien
I have a copy waiting for me to pick up. Today I plan to go and fetch the copy home so I can start reading it.

Art
I've been working on doodling. It's been very helpful for keeping me both focused and tolerant when I have been placed on hold. It's that time of year of making lots of phone calls and being on hold for awhile goes hand in hand with. The doodling exercise has been a good use of that time. I should have something to show as soon as I get my camera back. I am already thinking about the 2nd part of the course as I've looked ahead. I have ideas swirling around in my brain but not sure how to put them down on the paper yet.

Like I said not mad much progress but have made a bit. If your just seeing this and wondering what I'm doing then please check here. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment