Monday, March 24, 2014

Life Book & Home Management Binder- Contacts



Contacts... We all have them to some degree or other. These are people that we must contact for some reason. Be it business, professional, personal or other reasons, we have some where a list of names and phone numbers of people that we need to be able to contact for something.

Sometimes this information is scattered about in various locations and formats such as a stack of business cards or slips of papers, in a cell phone, work computer, personal computer, a list on the fridge, or an address book that is who knows where. Sometimes the information that is needed is hiding in a drawer, box, or filing cabinet that is meant to contain the paperwork that is comprised of monthly bills, forms, notices, etc.  Often a need arises and a hunt ensues for the elusive phone number, address or other key piece of information such as an account.  

To effectively deal with this I created a section that is strictly for contacts. I have an envelope to put business cards and slips of paper in until they can be put into something more permanent. I also have a folder for those contact lists that come up from various actives and groups.

I have separated the pages of contact information into different header sections. The header sections I have are: family, friends, home utilities and services, home repair, insurance policy contact list, medical and health insurance contact list, utilities and services contacts list, neighbors, pharmacy and medical supplies, medical professional, miscellaneous, restaurant and take out, temporary contacts, specific group or function contacts, classes, sports, co-op, etc.

 On some of these pages you will see a spot to put a date. I find it helpful to write a date on each page to make sure that the information is the most current. I put the date that I made changes to the form at the top of the form either on the date line or just at the top. I have found this very helpful as our area has had a few redistricting episodes so numbers for providers have changed with each change. I also have a few friends who seem to have new contact information every few months as they relocate frequently for work, school, or spur of the moment whims.

Here's what some of the individual pages look like.

Home Repairs


Home Utilities and Services


Insurance Policy Contact List

Medical and Health Insurance Contact List

Family

Friends 

Medical Professionals

Miscellaneous


Neighbors

Pharmacy and Medical Supplies
 
Restaurant and Take Out

Classes, Sports, Co-op

Utilities and Service Contacts

Specific Groups, Functions, Clubs, Temporary Contacts


 

I'm not sure about where these pages came from. I got them from a parenting workshop that was offered locally that I took. They were part of a packet that the attendees were given.

If these are yours or you know who created these originally please  let me know so I can give credit to the creator.




No comments:

Post a Comment