Thursday, March 20, 2014

Intro to my life book and home management binder.



The other day I was working on my oldest child's life book/home management binder when our former neighbor dropped by. She was very curious as to what I was doing because she saw the stacks of papers and the binders out. 

So my children told her what they thought I was doing. It was interesting to hear their take on what I was doing. My youngest described it as a family instruction guide. My oldest called it the family crisis manual for the brain impaired. Our visitor said I should tell the world about this little thing I do and then she dared me to blog about it. So here I am.

What is this life book that I speak of? It can look very different from family to family and it can be called different names but it’s basically something that holds information that is important for a family’s life. It is a hodgepodge of information in one spot that can be accessed when needed.
It contains everything that is important to know in regards to financial, medical, legal, insurance, etc. in the event of a life event, emergency or crisis happens and then some. It’s to help speed up accessing important information so that decisions can be made or the right parties contacted in a timely manner. The most important part about having one is making sure that it’s kept up to date after the initial assembly. 

I’m going to share some of what mine looks like in the series of posts because I plan on also sharing pictures. I am not a photographer so please forgive my questionable photos.

Your going to see a lot of different looks. I put together my binder from a lot of different resources so there is no uniformity because I believe in "If it's not broke, don't mess with it." Although some are not used as they were originally intended. I use a lot of different forms from different systems that I have seen over the years. Some are from programs that I was enrolled in to be taught how to be a better mother. Some are from agencies that were big on paperwork. Some are from various internet resources that I've come across over the years.

Here is the first page in my life book/home management binder.

http://limetreefruitsplanners.com 

Pretty isn't it? I'm so thankful for the recommendation to go to Lime Tree Fruits Planners 

No comments:

Post a Comment