Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jesus Loves Me Senior Version

Subject:  Jesus Loves Me senior version

 Many years ago, while watching a little TV on Sunday instead of going
> >> to church, I watched a Church in Atlanta honoring one of it's senior
> >> pastors who had been retired many years...
> >>
> >> He was 92 at that time and I wondered why the Church even bothered to
> >> ask the old gentleman to preach at that age. After a warm welcome,
> >> introduction of this speaker, and as the applause quieted down he rose
> >> from his high back chair and walked slowly, with great effort and a
> >> sliding gate to the podium. Without a note or written paper of any kind,
> >> he placed both hands on the pulpit to steady himself and then quietly and
> >> slowly he began to speak...
> >>
> >> "When I was asked to come here today and talk to you, your pastor
> >> asked me to tell you what was the greatest lesson ever learned in my 50
> >> odd years of preaching. I thought about it for a few days and boil ed it
> >> down to just one thing that made the most difference in my life and
> >> sustained me through all my trials. The one thing that I could always
> >> rely on when tears and heart break and pain and fear and sorrow paralyzed
> >> me...the only thing that would comfort was this verse..........
> >>
> >> "Jesus loves me this I know.
> >> For the Bible tells me so.
> >> Little ones to him belong,
> >> We are weak but he is strong.....
> >> Yes, Jesus loves me...
> >> The Bible tells me so."
> >>
> >> When he finished, the church was quiet.
> >>
> >> You actually could hear his foot steps as he shuffled back to his
> >> chair. I don't believe I will ever forget it.
> >>
> >> A pastor once stated, "I always noticed that its was the adults who
> >> chose the children's hymn 'Jesus Loves Me' (for the children of course)
> >> during a hymn sing, and it was the adults who sang the loudest because I
> >> could see they knew it the best."
> >>
> >> Senior version of Jesus Loves Me
> >> Here is a new version just for us who have white hair, or no hair at
> >> all. For us over middle age (or even those almost there) and all you
> >> others, check out this newest version of "Jesus Loves Me". It is quite
> >> cute, so read, sing and enjoy:"
> >>
> >>
> >> JESUS LOVES ME
> >>
> >> Jesus loves me, this I know,
> >> Though my hair is white as snow.
> >> Though my sight is growing dim,
> >> Still He bids me trust in Him.
> >>
> >> (CHORUS)
> >>
> >> YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES ME...
> >> YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.
> >>
> >> Though my steps are oh, so slow,
> >> With my hand in His I'll go
> >> On through life, let come what may,
> >> He'll be there to lead the way.
> >>
> >> (CHORUS)
> >>
> >> T though I am no longer young,
> >> I have much which He's begun.
> >> Let me serve Christ with a smile,
> >> Go with others the extra mile.
> >>
> >>
> >> (CHORUS)
> >>
> >> When the nights are dark and long,
> >> In my heart He puts a song.
> >> Telling me in words so clear,
> >> "Have no fear, for I am near"
> >>
> >> (CHORUS)
> >>
> >> When my work on earth is done,
> >> And life's victories have been won.
> >> He will take me home above,
> >> Then I'll understand His love
> >>
> >> (CHORUS)
> >>
> >> I love Jesus, does He know?
> >> Have I ever told Him so?
> >> Jesus loves to hear me say,
> >> That I love Him every day.
> >>
 

No comments:

Post a Comment