Monday, November 26, 2012

well :( we have ashes....

We've survived almost a week so far since the passing of our beloved ferret friend. the pain and sadness is still there and as fresh as right after finding him passed on. I can only hope that time will ease the ache and provide a soothing balm to all our hearts.

Today we picked up the ashes. It's hard to see our little guy reduced to a silver can. It was all that could be done to hold it together until the escape to the car where the tears could freely flow.

Ds wasn't feeling well today so he took a nap instead of going to pick up the ashes. First thing he did when he saw the container was give it a hug and burst into tears. Then he asked me if he was really in there. I couldn't say a word as the tears started freely flowing again. I don't know what to say cause how am I to know if we truly have the right ashes or not? I wasn't there nor would I have wanted to be there. So I nodded and hope I gave the right answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment